Local Locksmith Services. 24 hour emergency lockout servicing for auto, residential & commercial. General Locksmithing such as lock installation and lock repair. Also work on safes and lock boxes.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Better Business Bureau - Scam Alert! Please Read!
Article Below -
As a business owner, I try every day to work on making my business better and also respected. Trying to get accepted by the BBB is harder than you'd think. While trying to do some research I found this article. Not only does it tell people about the scams that locksmiths do, but it also mentions some others. It sucks to see this content on the internet for the fact that it's a tough industry to work in, specially in Michigan and that it's true. -
I tell customers all the time to be aware of the scams that locksmiths do. Even if they don't choose me, I will always make sure they know who is out there or at least recommend a company that is respected and not fake. Hopefully these business get busted. I've cleaned up too many of these "scam locksmith" companies. Here's an example of my latest encounter. -
Customer called a Locksmith company to get a new key for her car because she had lost it. This company she called was Israeli owned. (Israelis are great locksmiths, In Israel. The ones I've encounter here in Detroit are usually connected to the Israeli Locksmith Mafia!)The locksmith came out and cut her a new key for $90.00 with a $30.00 service fee. The customer had a 2006 Pontiac Bonnevile that needed a Transponder Key and the programming of the new key. The Locksmith came out cut the new key and just took the money and left. I actually called the owner and asked him what happened. He said "She only asked for a new key, So I Cut New key and leave" *Israeli accent* She called me in a panic because this new key didn't open her doors or start her vehicle. So not only did she have to have me come out and unlock her vehicle, I had to cut a new key that had a transponder chip in it and then program that key to her vehicle. She had to pay twice for this service not to mention I did all of my services for the same price as the Scam Company. -
Hopefully people see this blog, You never know when you'll need a locksmith. When you do, I hope you choose the right one. -
http://easternmichigan.bbb.org/article/Locksmith-Scam-a-New-Twist-36539 -
Thanks for reading, -
Mark Zgagowski -
Z's Lockout Service -
Owner/Locksmith -
www.zlockoutservice.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment