Friday, September 7, 2012

Z's Lockout Service - Growing The Business

Have you ever wished or wondered what it would be like to start a business? I'm sure a lot of people think about it. Long days at the office, being away from your family and friends, having to take orders from multiple boss, I could go on forever with this and I'm sure you guys could too. The possibility of me being a business owner never crossed my mind. I always knew that I had it in me, but I never went to collage or made enough money to just go and start a business. Well, one day it hit me. I woke up, rolled out of bed and quite my job. Although I'm still in the same profession, I manage to already have some of the tools of the trade to get the job done. I ended up starting this business out with just $400.00 in my bank account with plenty of bills to pay and a new born son that needed my financial stability. This was a huge risk! That day, I spent hours and hours of research on one of the most important tools that we use every day. That's right, Google! Google can be your best friend or your worst enemy. If you advertise with Google, you probably already know. I ended up starting my locksmith business on Google Places. I never received many calls for the fact that another locksmith had his location on the exact same spot as mine. He overshadowed me tremendously and most likely took 95% of my business. I ended up learning about Adwords Express and the benefits of that, which in the long run was not very good for my business, but It did convert me to Adwords, which so far has been good to me. As I'm establishing my business and building a clientele I ended up making a partnership with that same guy who had his same Google Places location as mine. I also managed to hire my first employee and a technician/helper for my locksmith business. He's young, ambitious, and willing to learn the trade, which is exactly what a new business needs. I honestly hope in the future this business can flourish into something great. Starting a business in Michigan and in these times is near impossible. This business will be the new face of Detroit and we all know Detroit needs to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment